Pages

Friday 16 September 2011

Hmm. Been practicing again.

Watched this very long pretty much pointless tutorial on standard lighting with interiors...

http://cgswot.com/tutorials/3d-tutorials/183-37-interior-lighting-with-3ds-max-standard-lights.html

Well it wasn't pointless, I just watched it without copying any of it, just trying to understand why he used so many lights! I am still not much wiser about types of lights and when/where to use the. I find it all very confusing to be honest.

Anyway! I have added a couple of windows to the little room I made last month in preparation for TRYING to add some decent daytime lighting.



I did this by deleting polygons on both sides of the walls; bridging the edges to fill the gaps; extruding appropriate sized polygons to make window frames (swift loop used). I then made a glass window (well, sort of glass) by using a transparent material with high specular levels, and then made a plane with a material of a cloudy sky to place behind my windows!

Oh how very simple... :D 

I am now going to look for a good 3Ds max book to add to my collection. Preferably a lighting based one... Seeing as I think I need it, aha! :)

Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment