Pages

Thursday 15 December 2011

Visualisation - still life progress :)

I have been doing a little bit of work so far since breaking up for Christmas, trying to eventually have modelled the majority (if not all) of my 6+ still life objects before returning to uni.

The first two I have modelled so far are what I consider to be the easiest shapes within my composition idea; the pencil and the Cocacola glass. Although these are not finished or totally polished models yet, I feel I am happy with their shapes and appearance so far, and will experiment more with textures when all my models are ready.

Pencil photograph above, 3d model below
Glass photograph left, 3d model right

I have also just gathered my chosen items together and arranged them in some compositions I like, and looked at whether I would want to include my lamp as an actual modelled item, or just use it to research source light. I have decided that I think my work will look more effective with the actual lamp there, and can help me with making lighting look more realistic.

Here are a few photos I took (quite similar!) to show ideas of what I might like to achieve in this project:

(Composition where light is not shown, but suggested by reflections/shadows)

(Front on composition with light)
(Composition from an angle with light, to show corner of desk)

I plan to model a couple more of these objects over the Christmas period, probably the lamp first due to its more simple shapes.

More soon..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment