Pages

Thursday 17 May 2012

Compositing 3D into a photograph :)

The first of two compositing projects for the end of my second year involves animating a character realistically into a still photograph or video file.

I have experimented with my character from my previous animation project with a chrome material (this was advised in the brief, so I hope I am not cheating :D ) into a photograph on a reflective work surface from the kitchen.

Part of the brief states the character must walk/go behind an object in the image, compositing in 3D using the shadow/matte/reflection material. In this example I have used a mug, and placed a 3D teapot behind it, to show that I know my material set-up is working.

Anyway, here are a couple of renders and a quick video showing how I have added depth of field using a simple zdepth map. (I still havent got the hang of making this look very effective yet - something I will practice more...)

jpeg render with environment background

zdepth map render pass

A quick sample of zdepth and len blur in action:

No comments:

Post a Comment