Pages

Friday 26 October 2012

Internal Client - Feedback & Production!

I have done my presentation for the internal client project, and received both good and bad feedback.. My style and general idea seems to work pretty well, but my choice of audience (graduates and potential collaborators) did not fit this idea very well. Therefore, instead of changing the whole feel and narrative of my advert, I have decided to change my audience to possible retailers or designer interested in the products within the advert. Other than this, my feedback was pretty good, I just have to consider the shape of my interior space fitting with my chosen style (futuristic), and think about my time management a little more.



So now I am starting the production process, beginning with modelling the items, and testing out skills I may need later on. For instance, I have tried using the vray renderer at university, and found it quite challenging and totally new! However, I do think it could be worth using over mental ray if I learn enough in time, so shall see how it goes before I have to begin texturing and lighting. I have also been learning and experimenting with the cloth modifier in 3ds max, as this is something I will most likely need to make the fabric objects within my scene.

Here is a quick test I did using a cloth plane colliding with a box and a ground plane :)



Cloth Simulation - 3ds max from Samantha Freeman on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment