Pages

Wednesday 21 November 2012

ATRG Internal Client - Lighting & Effects

This week I have been trying to finish my lighting and glow effects (etc.) for my ATRG project. I am currently finishing this before moving onto sorting out a few slow camera shots of each important area of the environment, to edit together for my advert in After Effects after rendering.

Here are some renders of progress of lighting and effects - firstly I tried glow shaders on my mental ray materials in 3ds max, but this for some reason decided to stop rendering properly, so I have now decided to render some objects separately using the matte/reflection/occlusion material so I can add effects in AE.

First few lights inserted - dark 

Screen with texture highlighted by omni light

More lights inserted -  feels lighter, but not too light?

Experimentation with glow shaders in 3ds max

More glow shader experimentation

Quick test of how using matte/reflection/occlusion material can  let me add glow effects after in AE - render times!

PNG render with alpha of glowing areas

PNG render with alpha of environment without glowing areas



No comments:

Post a Comment