Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

Internal Client Project Progress- Texturing

This week I have been doing most of the texturing stage of the project, still sticking to my brief action plan I did before I started creating it, so far so good! :)

Anyway, I have just about done most of the texturing now, although it will not look finished until I add lighting and all of the glow effects for the LED textures. For now these just have self illumination within them, and the glow effects will highlight this much more.

Here are some quick renders I did to show the textures I have decided on for the interior space:

Bed with TV blind

Desk area - LED fabric computer, touch keyboard, etc.

Slide door and keypad from interior (and heated rug)

Entrance - slide door, keypad and metal floor

Touch fabric keypad for entry

TV blind on bed

Sofa area - LED cushions and curtains (and heated rug)

The truth is I guess in some ways I have cheated a lot within this stage, as I have used ALL UVW map modifiers on the objects, rather than unwrapping them. However, due to my choice of modern/futuristic style, I feel all the materials I needed to use did not require this process anyway,as a lot of the textures are either smooth, reflective plastics or easily map-able fabrics with bump maps.

Note I also need to still convert a video files for the texture on the LED TV blind on the bed, as this is currently a still image.

No comments:

Post a Comment