Pages

Thursday 24 February 2011

Examples of websites I like...

In preparation for designing my own portfolio website, I have looked at websites of music artists I am interested in and commented on their style and layout.

Florence + the machine:


 I really like the variety of manipulated photography, images, videos and blog in this design. I also really like the darkness of it and how the photograph of the "lungs" makes it seem more 3D. I also chose to look at this website because of the use of pieces of paper in her layout. This is something I would like to do to make my website less typical.


 Kate Nash:


This website is much more wacky and unorganised in style, but uses a lot of hand drawn imagery and text (as well as html typography too) which is another quirky feature I would like to experiment with in my designs. However, I feel the layout is too random and confusing in this example and would prefer all the text to be aligned to the left.

Andy Love's blog:


In my seminar, Shaun recommended I looked at one of our 3d animaiton lecturers' blogs on the refelective journal website as research on websites associated with my preferred pathway (VE). I like how he has used simple scribbles as a main background rather than a possibly distracting photograph or boring colour background. This is something I would like to try in my own designs. I also like how it mainly uses only black and white, to fit in with this sketches and work shown throughout the webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment