Pages

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Haunted ride update... Getting there now!

First of all, we had a seminar on lighting, the tasks of which I took part in in lesson to get to know the techniques, but I feel I should wait until my modelling and animation is done before adding my lighting, due to increasing render times!

 (I have only added half the trees so far (mainly due to repetitivity and I got bored!) as I will clone these all in at the end to fill in empty space.)
 (Also note that the walls of the theatre are hidden here as I am undecided on whether I need to include them or not...)


Anyway, here are some screenshots of how my modelling has gone so far.

Starting position of camera showing entrance. Have added a track style pathway leading up to the doorway and a railway sign to link with my train theme. Materials and background complete!

Wooo! Finally followed a SIMPLE tutorial for water using scanline renderer. Its really good and happy with the colour! Also finally got the track opacity map pretty much spot on. Just used wooden diffuse bitmap for simplicity.

One of my scare scenes using a ghost shape with illuminated eyes/mouth and textured gravestones. This would be in front of the outer wall opposite the entrance if it was rendered too.

And this is the entrance to my very average attempt at a tunnel, haha! Another railway sign... changed the train to a dark green with turbosmooth to avoid obvious polygons in renders.



Will keep you posted whilst I keep cracking on before I need it rendered! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment