Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

Castle Texturing - Busy!

I haven't posted in a while for this project, mainly because texturing has taken a long time for me to get my head around - unwrapping and then making the textures. Eventually after playing around with Illustrator and Substance Designer for a while, I decided that the whole 'vector texture' thing may not work out and definitely didn't look as effective as I knew I could make it in Photoshop. So for now I am making the textures totally in Photoshop, then if it is required, I am pretty sure they could be converted into vector graphics within Illustrator, although they do turn back into bitmaps in Substance Designer - confusing!

Anyway, here are some renders I have made of my pretty much complete version of the East front wall of the castle to show in my client meeting tomorrow:







I also made a quick video to show the textures with camera movement in order to gain any feedback. The only part that I think needs improving from looking at these is the door in the stairs, perhaps.


Castle Attack Project - East Front Wall Textures from Samantha Freeman on Vimeo.



All I need to do to these now is to add bumps maps and any other maps I feel necessary to bring them to life a bit more... This will either be done in Photoshop again or in Substance Designer, but I am not totally comfortable with getting a good effect with this software yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment