Pages

Thursday 19 April 2012

Visualisation Update - texturing and modelling

So now I finally have the animation project out of the way, I have been working lots on modelling and texturing for the 'Location Location' visualisation project. I had already built the main shape and objects for my bunkhouse, but have now started texturing everything as accurately as time limits will let me, and modelling extra objects to make the space look more 'lived-in' and believable.

These objects are mainly the things that are mentioned to be in the apple boxes on the beds, as well as other things like suitcases and personal belongings scattered on the floor/beds. I have also got to make more playing cards to put on the table - I will scan in for textures I think!

Here are a couple of screenshots of my current progress (just general omni light and no shadows at the moment before I start lighting!)




I have also experimented with using video files at textures for the fire inside the stove. This is sort of cheating and a quick way of making a fire animaiton without the particles and extra rendering time - clever. I will probably add some kind of glow/ambient light to this area, to make it look even better.

(Veryyyy short video by the way - just to give the general jist!)



No comments:

Post a Comment