Pages

Monday 21 November 2011

Visualisation - modelling stuff

I haven't really posted much on this project so far, to say I have said I am interested in visualisation in my context 2 essay! (Yes this is due to the chess player project that I haven't stopped thinking about for the past few weeks - back on track now!)

Anyway, last week we did some UVW unwrap modifier, which I found sort of difficult to be honest, but can see how it will be useful when texturing more precisely in this project.

Before this, however, we did a few weeks of modelling objects to practice looking at things and modelling them well for our still life project.

I have not completed all of these, due to both absence/illness and focusing on the other projects. I have tried to complete the majority of the first task we received of modelling goggles, which I never finished. Here are a couple of screenshots to show how far I now am with this particular modelling task:


 
I realise this model is not perfect as I have tried to make the nose/bridge part on my own without any assistance and therefore struggled making it look decent. I think this is pretty good though for now, and will improve it if needed when texturing.

Another model I completed (actually in the seminar! :o) is the random theatre prop - the use of which we really do not know. Anyway, here is a couple of screenshots again to show the model I have made...




I am quite pleased with this model, although I did have to mirror the main box part, due to the extruded pattern on the outside not wanting to produce twice with the shape merge compound object. This may affect me when trying to texture this object, but it seems to work fine so far and saved me time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment