Pages

Tuesday 19 October 2010

Interactive Narrative in "Heavy Rain - Move Edition"

I recently posted here for my Context 1 module about the new Playstation Move feature on the Playstation 3. Yesterday after uni, I purchased the "move edition" of the well known game "Heavy Rain".


This game is based on interactive narratives and choice making, which I have grown an interest in since starting my current Interactive Space project in Design Practice 1. Having seen my boyfriend play the regular version of the game on Sunday, I really liked the idea of its interactivity and thought the move edition would add to this player involvement.

Although I have only just started this game, I am finding it really interesting and a great inspiration for this current topic. It's also much less typical in style and artwork than other popular games I have come across (First person shooters, motor racing, mafia, etc.) I think this could be also be influential when I go onto my next project - 3D animation.

1 comment:

  1. Have now platinumed this game after completing every possible narrative ending (Y) It must be good!

    ReplyDelete