Pages

Saturday 16 October 2010

My Multimedia.

This week, for my Context 1 module, I have been given the task to write about a recent piece of multimedia that interests me. So, seeing as I use my Playstation 3 practically everyday, I have chosen to focus on the new "Playstation Move" feature.


I have owned my Nintendo Wii for approximately 2 years (since whenever it was first released) and was really excited at the time about the interactivity of the Wii remote. However, after finishing my college course I decided to purchase a Playstation 3 for the higher quality of game graphics (Blu-ray powered HD) and to play online games such as Modern Warfare 2 (Call of Duty), LittleBigPlanet, and Modnation Racers. Although these games aren't as interactive as some on the Wii, I thought they were much more realistic and visually pleasing.

When I heard about the Playstation Move I couldn't wait to get it, as it brought together my favourite aspects of both consoles. Unlike the Wii's sensor bar strategy, the Playstation Move controller is tracked using a USB camera. The end of the "remote", as it were, lights up a certain colour, and this is picked up on the camera, as well as the user themselves. This is much more accurate than the previous option chose by Nintendo, and gives much more realistic gameplay. (See video above!)

I am really pleased with the product so far and can't wait for them to bring out new compatible games. I think this shows where gaming is heading, and soon we could all be moving around our living rooms to control a variety of games. Could this be the end of the original, gamer-style controllers, though? I should think not!



No comments:

Post a Comment