Pages

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Film interpretations..

As I am starting yet another moving image project tomorrow (not my favourite area of work...) I thought I would look at a couple of the examples mentioned in the initial DP2 lecture associated with script adapation/interpretation to help with ideas for this project.

I love love love Tim Burtons so it's nice to hear I can use him as influence for both this project and the animation project this term. I suppose I could also with interactive media... Anyway! Alice in Wonderland by Tim Burton. Possibly the best remake of a film ever. I love the use of both dark and bold colours throughout this film and how he always gives film a dark more sinister feel to them effortlessly. He has also used intepretation by using scenes that weren't included in other versions of the film but link in really well with the narrative (proposal/garden party scenes). Love this film and everything about it to be honest. I am a bit biased towards Mr Burton though. :P



Another interpretation of the same story by Lewis Carroll is this example by Jan Svankmajer. He is also another director/animator I have looked at previously, whilst focusing on Czech animation. He also uses quite sinister styles but less intensely. For instance, his film uses much less special effects, but is very quiet and features odd props and character styles, adding to the general serious mood of the piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment