Pages

Saturday 12 March 2011

Visual Essay.

I have started to plan my visual essay due inat the end of May as I have realised it could take a long time to produce a 10 minute long piece made mainly of 3D stuff :o In our tutorial this week with Simon, we were asked what ideas we had and what we could do in the next week to move on with theese ideas. I decided to plan some more and do a storyboard or 2 to help me start designing my environment for my essay.

Below are some notes and my final storyboarded idea!

Initial planning and ideas.

Storyboard for my visual essay idea.

Notes on other ideas I came up with.


I have also had a go at producing some quick mock up ideas on 3Ds MAX to see what I can do... So far I have taught myself how to apply textures (bitmap) to planes and objects. For instance, I made a door with a wooden texture I found online, and added image planes into picture frames on the walls. I found this reasonably easy to make so far, just haven't tried adding lighting or camera animations yet to see how it would work. (To be honest, lighting doesn't agree with me at all, I don't understand how to use it yet. I shall ask in my animation seminars coming up towards the end of term!)

Here is what I have done so far. Nothing amazing just tests. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment