Pages

Wednesday 2 March 2011

At the moment...

I am in my third dreamweaver seminar with Giselle, mainly experimenting with HTML and CSS to make my layout right before I start producing material to upload into my code to make my final design. For example, I have just had a go at using the "float" element of CSS to make my navigation bar float on the the right side of my content div area, rather than being a separate section between my header and content divs. This hopefully fits in well with my previously posted wireframe examples. I think this will be effective when I produce my navigation bar (drawn?) and other content. I hope it will look a lot less "boxy" in this form!

This is not my final design, this is a simple layout + font experiment





I have also created folders and html pages for my other 4+ pages in my portfolio website. I have chosen "About", "Contact", "Gallery", and "Video" pages, in addition to my homepage. I just opened the index.html file and saved as these different file names in their appropriate folders. I will change the content as appropriate for each page. I may also have to create differentr style sheets for each page if I wish to go ahead with my idea to use a different colour scheme/background on each page/section of the site.

My next task is to start producing this material for my site. For example, I will start to sketch designs for my header - using ideas from my initial moodboard. I will also start to do the same for navigation buttons/bar and background images. Once I have done this, I feel the construction of my site using HTML and CSS will not be too time consuming, as I feel I have gained quite a good knowledge in the area so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment