Pages

Wednesday 23 March 2011

Virtual Environments Project - Haunted House Castle Ride

Yesterday I had my first seminar for our final project in the carousel for DP2 - the virtual environments project (finally!). I have been waiting for this one as it is the pathway I am choosing to progress in at level 2.

Our project involves designing and making a haunted house ride visualisation/animation using 3DS MAX. :) I really like the sound of this project as I am very much into Tim Burton and his work, and think this could influence my work greatly. (I have just paid 200 quid for a book of his work - I must like him a bit, haha.)

Here is a quick moodboard I have produced today to help me come up with ideas in the coming weeks for my piece of animation:


As you can tell, Tim Burton and Henry Selick are a large part of the inspiration for this moodboard, as well as other more typical things such as haunted houses themselves, spiders and ghosts. I very much like the dark style of Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and how it seems to have a blueish fog/hue throughout. I also really like the use of black silhouettes of trees within an animation, I think this adds a spooky vibe to the whole thing. :)


In our seminar, our main objective was to produce a model of the Waverley theatre in 3DS MAX using a template given to us in an assets file. We then had to give this model a doorway and practice adding a track using splines and the sweep modifier.

Here are a couple of screenshots showing what I did in our seminar:



No comments:

Post a Comment