Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2011

Tim Burton's "Vincent" - silhouette idea

As I have come up with a simple but effective solution of including black silhouettes throughout my design instead of highly detailed 3D aspects, I have looked at one of my favourite animations - Tim Burton's "Vincent". It is one of his first animations about a boy who wants to be Vincent Price. It is all black and white and produced using stop-motion technique. I have a book of all of Burton's work so can upload some scans of original drawings, etc. for this work when I have done more research.




 really like how the simple use of a black silhouette can give the audience feelings of fear and anticipation as to what will happen next. I also like the strong use of black and white patterns throughout.

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment