Pages

Monday 18 April 2011

Virtual Environments Update!

I have been working quite a bit on my haunted house castle ride over the past week, taking a break from the one and only visual essay! :P Here is some of my progress since my last post..

Cart design:

I decided to make my cart into a steam train as I thought of using an alliterated name of "Treetop Terror Train". Here aresome of my initial drawings and my 3DS model so far (untextured as we have not done this seminar yet!)...

Ideas for my cart from drawing seminarrr.

 Here are some screenshots of my design of this cart in 3DS Max. The first image shows the modelled train alone, then how I altered it to make it a seated cart to fit on my track.

Original model of steam train based on drawing.

Modified model with cart seat + bar and placed on track.


 Entrance design:

I decided to use a brick/stone wall at the front of my entrance, to fit with the "castle ride" brief, but didnt want to make a whole house as my ride is based on an outside forest theme. I used a silhouette of a bat to fit with my plans for the scare scenes, and trees for obvious reasons. :) I also choose to use wooden rail track styled planks of wood for the name of the ride. Here are my drawing and 3DS model so far.


Original drawing of my entrance idea.



Render of my entrance model (no materials minus the trees yet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment