Pages

Tuesday 10 January 2012

Small Wooden Figure Model (yes I have a lot of mini stuff!)

What I assume to be final object if I decide not to include the blue beads in my compositions anymore, was the miniature wooden drawing figure. It took me a long time to get my head around how to model the harder parts of this (such as the torso, head,waist and feet areas), before deciding on modelling them from boxes using vertex adjustment.

I have not yet tried texturing this model yet, athough I think I will probably use a UVW map modifier (box) on each part to see if this will evenly distribute a wooden texture. I will also probably use one of the wood textures given with the 3ds max software, as these are accurate, tile-able and have bump maps supplied with them.

Here is the progress of making this model and the outcome so far:

Modeled the parts of the arm (edited cylinders/spheres)





Both arms arranged in position, head and neck modeled (edited box and a sphere)

Torso also modeled by editing vertices of a box




Final model all placed together with stand - most wooden parts with mesh smooth modifier

I am pretty pleased with this model so far, but may need to tweak it to make it more accurate (I have not done the cut-out parts of the wrist, for example, due to difficulties) and hope that the texturing will work out well on the finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment