Pages

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Nottingham Castle Project - Measuring and Organising!

 To be honest, we are running a bit behind with the project (well, not really started it!) due to the bad weather recently, but are planning on finally trying to visit the site tomorrow to observe, measure, gather images, etc. This should mean that, together with a final bit of organising details (e.g. naming conventions, file sharing, final measurements and polygon counts), we should be ready to begin actually making the outcome by the end of the week after our final tutorial before our project proposal presentations.

Anyway, the little progress and preparation I have done so far I will put here:

Measurements to be used for the model - figured out from scale drawing from 1800

During the past week I also produced a very basic mockup to show how I could accurately model the building to size using this diagram as a guide. Note this is only the main part of the castle, as this was before I realised that the kitchen/balcony area to the right of the scale drawing was also to be modeled by me, but would involve the same concept. When I begin modelling the final product, I will only be doing approx. 3/4 of the exterior that is shown here, as Amanda will be doing the west (back) entrance with the staircase.





No comments:

Post a Comment