Pages

Wednesday 30 January 2013

Starting to Model the Castle (Ahh!)

Today, as I had finished my presentation the night before, I decided to try and make a start on modelling the castle, although I had no idea where to start! Eventually I decided to begin with the most complicated bit - the East Front wall. I am going to model each wall separately for now, mainly due to it enabling me to use the symmetry modifier - a lot easier! I have experimented modelling a few different ways (i.e. starting again a lot), but have settled on extruding inwards for windows, after realising that deleting the polygons altogether wouldn't allow me to texture them.

Anyway, here is all I have done in a last couple of hours - just the main shape and windows of the wall, and the start of the main body of the stairs (without the steps at the moment)...





No comments:

Post a Comment