Pages

Monday 7 January 2013

Possible Environment for Research Artefacts

Over some of the Christmas break I started a couple of basic environments to use for my artefacts, using both new models and other high quality models I have made in my spare time in the past. I firstly looked at attic rooms (conversions) as being good for sources of light (skylight windows), as well as looking at large full-length windows for the same reason. The idea I have developed more and plan to work on much more in the next week or two is quite a basic open plan lounge/diner area. The main feature of this room will be the wooden beams on the ceiling, to try to add character to the room rather than just be an ultramodern, fashionable space. Another important aspect is the use of large full-length windows, to add a potential effective light source for an artefact.

Full-length windows to add light/mood?

The image I will base my environment/interior upon - open plan with character































(I have not yet scanned in my original sketches of ideas for the artefact work, but will upload these later this week when I find time or remember!)


Here are some quick renders of where I currently am with this environment, with 3 out of 4 walls made, and some furniture and decoration in place and basic textures to show the general idea.


So far, I think the style of the space is what I wanted to achieve, but I also think I should add more detail to some parts and work on texturing, as well as obviously adding many more objects to the scene. For instance, I feel an important object to add would be a light source, due to my research project being based mainly upon lighting to add mood - this could be a lamp, spotlights, candles, etc. Also, the brick wall within the room currently only has a diffuse and bump map on the whole surface, so I could consider modelling this to add more detail and realism to the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment