Pages

Friday 15 February 2013

Artefact 3 Plan - "Worn Out"

For my third artefact I will be focusing mainly of the technique of TEXTURING. My primary aim is to produce an atmosphere for my environment to make it feel worn and derelict. Although I have found that lighting can add mood to the room quite effectively, I have also discovered that other techniques, such as more detailed textures, can give much more feeling to a CG environment for the audience.

Keywords for this artefact:

  • Worn
  • Used
  • Derelict
  • Abandoned
  • Vandalised
  • Old

These have given me the following initial visual research for this artefact...

Texture Examples




Photographer - Jeff Wall


Examples of Graffiti/Vandalism in Interiors



Examples of CG Environments with Derelict Feeling




As well as looking at the textures used in these examples I have found, it is also worth noting the positioning of objects to add to the effect, such as hardly any furniture in place, and things not looking as tidy as they would in a newer, in-use environment.


No comments:

Post a Comment