Pages

Monday 4 February 2013

Modelling walls again - Lower poly method!

I had just modelled most of the main geometry of the exterior walls of the castle, when I realised there was a better method to get less polygons, which was also a lot simpler. From looking at other low poly/game design examples, I discovered that creating basic divisions then insetting the polygons, instead of producing lots of divisions using the connect tool. The screenshots below the difference in polygons from my first and second versions of the East Front wall.



I also think that this method of modelling will be a lot easier for us to both follow the same structure, as I am not doing all 4 sides of the building. I have so far completed most of the exterior geometry as before, and just need to add the balcony areas, specifically on the South Front wall with the archways.

East Front wall with wireframe overlay

South Front wall with wireframe overlay

North Front wall and basement with wireframe overlay

No comments:

Post a Comment