Pages

Sunday 5 February 2012

Character Texturing

I have spent most of this week attempting to unwrap my character in 3DS Max, before painting it in mudbox and then re-opening it in 3DS Max. I had quite a bit of trouble making the subdivisions/meshsmooth fit with the texture I made in mudbox, so had to keep editing it in Photoshop until the shape of the hair seemed to fit as neatly as possible with my smoothed model.

So, this is my final textured model for now and the UV map that is texturing it.. unless I decide to change the colours (which should be easy using the UV map I have already edited in Photoshop! :D )

Character model with texture in 3DS Max - he looks so shocked/scared at the moment :p


Original UV unwrap map from 3DS Max

Final UV map for character - Mudbox and edited in Photoshop
Character head

Character shoes

Character torso

Screenshot of painted model in Mudbox

2 comments:

  1. I like your character dudey :D good stuff xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) he will hopefully look a bit better when I started to animate him a bit - going for a cartoony vibe

    ReplyDelete