Pages

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Game Environment Research

I am not going to lie, I do like a bit of gaming when taking a rest from all the uni work! But I am currently looking at some of my games to find examples of what I think is very good architecture and environment design within them.

Yesterday I restarted the game "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands" by Ubisoft - I never finished it last time! Anyway, this game features some of the most amazing architecture and 3D environments I have ever seen in a game and think it reflects the Persian/Arabian style very well.



Here is a video of some gameplay posted by Ubisoft, with some description and detail on architecture and environment design towards the end.






I have also played two out of three of the "Uncharted" series of games by Naughty Dog, and immediately noticed the quality and detail of the environments within these games. I plan to get "Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception" as soon as I have time to dedicate more time to playing it as it also looks rather awesome in terms of design and gameplay. :D



Here is a couple of pictures of maps/environments from the second game I found on the web, which I particularly found appealing.

The Flooded Ruins- Set during a lightning storm around the customs house from the first Uncharted.

The Facility- Submarine pens from the first game.

No comments:

Post a Comment