Pages

Monday 5 March 2012

Bunkhouse Lighting Ideas

I have also looked briefly into types and styles of lighting that I could use within my scene, considering aspects such as windows and gaps in the walls, etc. Lighting is something I usually don't put as much thought into as I perhaps should, and usually leave it to the end where I don't have enough time to put more effort in to it. However, this time I plan to read my book on CG lighting and do a few tutorials to help me further understand what it is that I require to produce the lighting effect I want in the bunkhouse.

I have found a few images to support my main ideas:

An idea my tutor suggested - trying to achieve light coming through planks of wood that make up walls. This will make more interesting lighting and shadows, rather than more flat, ambient lighting.

The bunkhouse will contain 10 small windows on 3 of the walls - they will look quite similar to this in size and shape, and this is what I want my general light sources to look like from the windows.

Another much less significant light source in the scene could be from flames in the cast iron stove. This could help add more subtle light and shadows into the scene, making it more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment