Pages

Sunday 11 March 2012

Pirate camp modelling and layout - just about done :)

I am on time with this project so far, seeing as I can't anticipate how long lighting/render setup and rendering itself will take using Mental Ray in Maya, I want to be ahead of time rather than the alternative! I have done a couple more drawings of the layout I wanted to create, and also thought about environment ideas, as I couldn't just render a ground plane in a black space.

The option I went for from thinking about this was to surround the main area of the camp with a large wooden fence and gate. This would mean I could start from the outside of the camp, enter through the gate, and then should only need to give the background a simple sky texture as an outer environment.

Here are a few renders I have done of the layout I have done today, featuring a plan view using Maya's top viewport, and a few perspective renders to show how the objects look in the space.






Note, that I have so far not decided to texture the fence in great detail yet, but may do this shortly to fit with the rest of the camp. I have also not added lighting oredited the render quality effectively yet, so these images are not as great quality as my final renders will hopefully be.

No comments:

Post a Comment