Pages

Saturday 20 November 2010

CRAP improvements... That is such an ironic title.

Here is the first improvement of the rather rubbish graphic designer CV I uploaded earlier in the week. I maintained the style it was in, using a simple photograph of line paper as a background, and screen-drawn squiggly sort of shape for the titles. :) I also just aligned sections in order of relevance, and used a computerised font for easier reading.


Another design I found that I personally thought wasn't very effective overall was this Forrest Gump DVD cover...

I didn't like how the image was from the back and seemed to have been clumsily placed in the middle, whereas the title was placed to the right, and the award reference placed on the left. Not following the CRAP rules much? Bad times. I also didn't like how most of the design was neutral colours, then the title was in bright red and blue. I think this was too much of a contrast in comparison to the low contrast feel of the rest of the design, which is more appropriate to the film.

 Therefore, I edited it on Photoshop to make everything aligned to the right of the design, and used a better, clearer picture of a similar style, but showing the front of Mr Gump. I also lowered the contrast of the text and sized it appropriately. I think it looks more professional myself. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment