Pages

Wednesday 12 October 2011

After Effects Project Ideas & Drawing

So I am meant to be presenting my ideas tomorrow in Simon's seminar, so I have been thinking about ideas and drawing a few penguin designs for the character in my "fantasy olympics" animation. I chose a penguin due to my decision of using a winter olympic theme, as I think I could make this look quite effective easily (snow/ice effects). I am still pretty sure I will be doing the rocket ski-ing idea, and may mix this up a bit by doing up hill ski-ing, making it more of a fantasy sport!

Here is a storyboard I did before designing...



I started off with a few designs:

(Bad quality iphone photo)


I then took some features from these initial drawings and brought them together to come up with the following design (First sketch --> Photoshopped version) :

 
I like the simplicity of this design, and it also has limbs (well, arms) that could be easily detached into separate layers and animated from behind the main body. I also think it would be easy to create different eyes and beaks for different expressions, and to draw this design from a side angle, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment