Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Visualisation Project - Still Life

I received my first visualisation brief yesterday in Roma's seminar, which is called Still Life. It pretty much is what it says - making a still life scene in 3D. I have a few ideas already about what theme of objects I could use. I was thinking maybe something simple like my desk in my bedroom with some of my things gathered in a way that would tell a story of what I had been doing, etc. Maybe a sketchbook and equipment or drink.

Anyway, back to what I have done so far...

We had a so called simple task of modelling a toy train using photographs with exact measurements, as well as the model being in the room (although I didn't get close to it so coped without!)



I struggled in the session but have had another crack now and this is what it looks like now it is just about done...





I think this is okay for an amateur attempt but my main aim this year is to improve my quality of modelling and texturing in particular, as I think this is important if I do decide to become a visualisation artist.


We were also given tasks of gathering photographs for research and a texture library online. I have started an attempt at this with my new flickr account, firstly gathering a few quick photographs from inside my bedroom, looking at textures and lighting that caught my eye.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sjfreeman91/sets/72157627833139846/

No comments:

Post a Comment